Steering Lock on Mercedes-Benz vehicles
The Mercedes-Benz steering locks are subject to frequent faults (ELV module).
The ELV module can be found on vehicles from 2006 onward, more specific:
- model C (W204, S204 and C204)
- model E (W212)
- model E coupe-cabrio (W207)
- model GLK (X204)
There are multiple known symptoms:
- On key insert, the steering column doesn’t unlock
- The key is on contact position, but the vehicle doesn’t respond
- The steering column doesn’t lock on key removal
- The starter doesn’t respond to ignition
- The vehicle doesn’t start
Diagnostic testers show the next fault:
The electric steering lock has a malfunction. There is a signal fault or the message is faulty
All those who have this problem, and want to repair it as soon as possible, can contact us on the number +386 41 652 952 or, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or through the contact form.