Failure of 7-step gearbox electronics on Mercedes-Benz vehicles
The electronic controller on Mercedes-Benz 7-step Gearbox with tag 722.9 7G-Tronic VGS2-NAG2 and VGS3-NAG2 produced by Siemens VDO / Continental comes to a failure while driving.
The electronic failure happens, most of the time, during the heating of the vehicle. The vehicle enters the reserve safety mode (limits vehicle power) and remains stuck in 2nd gear.
Error codes and descriptions:
- Y3/8S1 SELECTION RANGE SENSOR
- Y3/8N1 TURBINE SPEED SENSOR
- Y3/8N2 INTERNAL SPEED SENSOR
- 0705 Component Y38s1 (Selection range sensor (VGS)) is defective
- 0717 The signal from component Y3/8n1 (Turbine speed sensor (VGS)) is not available.
- 0718 Component Y3/8n1 (Turbine speed sensor (VGS)) is defective.
- 2767 The signal from component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS)) is not available.
- 2783 The friction power of the torque converter lockup clutch is too high.
These gearboxes can be found in the next models:
- CLS W219
- E W211
- E W212
- CLK W209
- SL W230
- C W203
- ML W164
- R W251
- GL X164
- S W221
- CL W215
- A 0335456632
- A 0335456732
- A 0335457232
- A 0335457332
- A 0034460310
All those who have this problem, and want to repair it as soon as possible, can contact us on the number +386 41 652 952 or, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or through the contact form.